I went to a conference over the weekend (NCCC) and attended a workshop called “Exorcisms and the Supernatural” and wanted to share the notes that I wrote because it was really interesting!
Satan has many names:’
- Prince of Lies
- Prince of Darkness
- Angel of Darkness
Who is he?
- Fallen Angel (envied the fact that Jesus came down to become a human because angels can’t do that)
- Intellectual and Spiritual being
- Acts on Material universe (not the just humans)
- uses objects (ie. people, places, and things)
Symptoms of Possession
- Physical aliment
- Causes other individuals to DO evil
- disregard for modesty
- Personality changes
- refusal to forgive
- super human strength
- hurting oneself
- special knowledge
*** Don’t freak out if you find yourself in one of those categories…we all do. This doesn’t necessarily mean you are possessed. Before an exorcism happens they have psychologists looking at it too. Just to make sure it’s not just a mental thing 🙂
God allows bad things to happen for our own good, our salvation and for the salvation of others
How does Possession Happen?
- Partaking in devious plans (Judas- John 3:27)
- Denial of God (Peter- Mark 8:33)
- Habitual Sin (persistence in sin that eventually makes you fall away from God)
- Worship of false gods
- Victim of a curse
- Needs permission (Book of Job)
Exorcisms drive out, ward off, and expulsion of demons
No exorcisms in the Old Testament
Bishops, Priests, Deacons, lay people, and people appointed by the Bishop can do Exorcisms
Important to remember: Satan is AFRAID of us!!
- Holy water
- Sign of Cross
- Laying on of hands
- Oil of catechumen
Exorcisms are the calling upon the Holy Spirit and laying on of hands to cast out any evil in the body.
baptism is a form of exorcism….so we have all had an exorcism or seen one! 🙂
- A belief that there is no Hell
- A belief that he does NOT exist
Tricks of Satan
- isolation (ex. “No one likes me, “Christ doesn’t love me”)
- Cannot be forgiven
- God does not love me
How to fight Satan
Revelation 12 is important to read and know!!
DO NOT BECOME OBSESSED WITH EVIL!
May God bless you!